Shipping of goods to overseas customers
Exports sales make up over 90-95% of our core business and as such we are well versed in the processes involved in the shipping of vehicles and equipment round the world. Check your country here

It is necessary for most exports to require an Export Licence as issued by BIS (Department for Business, Innovation & Skills).
In particular it is necessary for customers purchasing ex. military vehicles to apply for an export licence being specific to the items being exported if the items are being exported from the U.K.

Introduction to Licensing - Video Release from DIT

The video below has been produced by DIT to aid customer's in understanding how important it is to have the correct export licence (where applicable) for Surplus Military Vehicles and Equipment.

(Don't worry it's not that difficult)

The sequence of events is as follows:
  1. Enquiry is received in regards to Ex. Military Vehices and quote given
  2. Customer satisifed with quote and confirms intention to place order
  3. Customer gets of the proforma-invoice
  4. Customer advised that Export Licence required and recommendation made to submit an application which is a cost free
  5. Customer places order and pays the deposit
  6. Customer completes End User letter and submits to our office who in turn submit with licence application to BERR.
  7. Customer pays balance
  8. Order complete for shipping at same time as Export License issued.

How to apply

For the license, you will need to fill out several pages in the attached End-User form. We're partially completed this form for you.
Once that has been completed simply submit it back to our office on letterheaded paper (if available) if we are applying for the licence on your behalf or submit it to DIT if you are applying independently for the licence using the spire system.
If you will be require assistance in completing the license we will help you.

Export licence applications generally take between 3-6 weeks to be processed and approved.

How much does a licence cost?

There is currently no fee for an export licence however, BIS is considering levying a fee in for each licence application

What licence do I need?

There are a variety of different types of licences that you may be able to use to export your goods. The main categories of licences issued by the ECO are outlined briefly below.
Any surplus military vehicle which is considered to be "Specially Designed for Military Use" must be shipped on either an "Open General Export Licence (OGEL)" or a "Standard Individual Export Licence (SIEL)" depending on which country they are being sent to.

Surplus Military Goods which were "Specially Designed for Military Use" can be shipped overseas on and OGEL with the exception of the following countries as per the latest OGEL with the following exceptions as per (Schedule 2)
NLR - NO LICENSE REQUIRED Goods listed on our website as NLR - No Licence Required are either civilian machines or have been deemed by BIS as not requiring a licence by virtue of having submitted either a rating or an application for a licence.

How long does a licence last?

A licence once granted is valid for 2 years or until it is exhausted i.e. all goods stated are shipped or it expires or is revoked due to changes in the status of the destination concerned e.g. EU/NATO sanctions come into force.

Do I need an export licence?

  1. If your items are on the UK Military List or are more sensitive items on the EU Dual-Use List (ie on Annex IV of the EU Dual-Use Regulation), then you will need a licence for all destinations - including EU countries. For example these are all armoured vehicles.
  2. If your goods are less sensitive items on the EU Dual-Use List (Annex I items), then you will only need a licence for export outside the EU.
  3. Other items may well require a licence for destination countries that are subject to embargoes or sanctions.

How do I complete the End User Document

For information on how to complete the end user document, please contact us.
To download a copy of the End User Forms use the link provided below.

Additional Information

For more information on EU Embargoed Countries..... Go To The DIT (Department for Business, Innovation & Skills) Website - the best offers

Best Sellers in army trucks, dumpers, tractors

Best Sellers in Landrovers, Mercedes

Ljackson and ltd » LATEST NEWS

Search by Manufacturer: Bedford | Case | Caterpillar | DAF | Foden | Grove | Hagglunds | Iveco | JCB | Land Rover | Range Rover | Leyland | Liebherr | MAN | Mercedes | Seddon Atkinson | Volvo | Terex

Select a letter below e.g. 'C' = Case, Caterpillar etc. etc. A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | R | S | T | U    sitemap.xml for Google

Search by Drivetrai 4x2's | 4x4's | 6x4's | 6x6's | 8x4's | 8x6's | 8x8's | Tracked vehicles | Right Hand Drive (RHD) | Left Hand Drive (LHD)

  My Cart

Save any items in your bag and when you're ready, just order.